We undertake the construction of:
- dam and irrigation schemes
- pipeline and pump stations
- effluent and water treatment works, including reservoirs
Our comprehensive multidisciplinary capabilities include specialist geotechnical solutions, earthworks, excavations, civil concrete work, building work, pipe laying, cement-mortar lining, structure rehabilitation and refurbishment, pump station and reservoir construction, as well as mechanical, electrical & instrumentation installations.
water infrastructure construction for Africa
Construction of dam and irrigation schemes, including:
- Rockfill, clay-core and various types of concrete dams;
- Refurbishment and raising of dams;
- Irrigation canals and pipelines;
- Construction of weirs and water abstraction structures;
- Construction of pump-stations and the energy optimisation of these facilities;
- Rehabilitation of existing canals;
- Rehabilitation and cement mortar lining of pipelines; and
- Construction of irrigation farming areas and structures for high intensity agricultural production and processing.
Construction of pipelines and pump stations, including:
Stefanutti Stocks is one of South Africa’s premier pipeline specialist contractors and undertakes gas, water and sewerage pipeline construction in various materials (steel, cast iron, concrete, fibre cement, PVC, HDPE and composite materials). We also construct the abstraction works and pump stations that form an integral part of these networks.
Stefanutti Stocks is able to undertake the complete project construction cycle – from excavation through to E&I installation.
Construction of effluent and water treatment facilities, including:
- Water treatment plants;
- Waste water treatment plants;
- Industrial effluent treatment plants;
- Overland and in-plant pipelines;
- Reservoirs and water towers;
- Mechanical, electrical and instrumentation installation;
- Environmental rehabilitation;
- Specialist clarifier solutions for the mining industry; and
- Structural rehabilitation and concrete repair.
With regard to the specialised construction of water treatment plants, Stefanutti Stocks will often collaborate with process engineers and designers of water treatment plants in order to provide clients with optimized plants suited to their effluent, waste water or raw water source’s unique characteristics.
Technologies and concepts, we regularly deal with include:
- Treatment of highly polluted water such as acid mine drainage (AMD) water;
- Desalination plants;
- Reverse osmosis technology;
- Dissolved air flotation;
- Rapid filtration for mining and industrial applications;
- Ozone disinfection and treatment;
- Optimising the water cycle in industrial plants to achieve a “zero effluent” or zero discharge solution;
- Re-use of waste water, blending and re-introduction thereof into the reticulation network; and
- Sludge dewatering and processing to useful products.